Do you remember how you felt when you were little seeing kids play tag and you get invited to join in? Well I remember I always wanted to be tagged because I somehow felt that I was part of the game and that the other kids wanted to be my friend. Being new in the blogging world, I enjoyed reading or watching (on youtube) beauty bloggers tagging each other and sharing beauty stuff on their blogs. And I thought, it would be fun to be tagged in one of those. Well, that day came when Sweetjellybean tagged me on This or That beauty tag. Thank you so much for tagging me, Sweetjellybean! You’re one of the first beauty bloggers who warmly welcomed me into the beauty blogging world. That means a lot to me. 🙂
Beauty Tag: This or That
Most of my answers to the questions are based on what I’m currently using. I hope you’ll this as much as I did.
1. Blush or Bronzer? Blush– I find using a bronzer quite tricky. Since its main purpose is to softly darken the complexion, this somehow makes me look sallow. So I usually go for the peachy or rosy glow with my blushes. Most Japanese make up come with instructions and directions on the packaging so I’m not left clueless on how to apply it on my face.
2. Lipgloss or Lipstick? Lipgloss– Definitely lip gloss. My collection of lip glosses surpasses the number of lipsticks I have. I suffer from dry lips and I have yet to find a lipstick that provides all day moisture.
3. Chapstick or Lip Butter? Chapstick- I’ve always been a chapstick girl ever since. It’s handy and easy to apply. You don’t need to get your fingers messy with the product or contaminate it with bacteria you might have on your fingers.
4. Matte or Sparkle Eyeshadow? Sparkle Eyeshadow- These days, I’ve been a bit adventurous with eyeshadows. But nothing too extreme, though. I have a tiny collection of sparkly shimmery eyeshadows perfect for daytime and evening wear. These eyeshadows are not heavily pigmented but it creates a nice, chic understated look.
5. Gel, Liquid, Cream or Pencil Liner? Liquid Liner- I’m currently loving Majolica Majorca’s Perfect Automatic Liner. It has sparkly bits and it’s easy to apply. I’ve gotten quite the hang of using liquid liners. I like them thin and clean.
6. Foundation or Concealer? BB Creams and Concealer- Foundations tend to be thicker in consistency and have better coverage, but with BB creams’ extra skincare benefits, who can say no? BB creams also look more natural while liquid foundations tend to look cakey.
7. Liquid or Powder Foundation? Powder Foundation- I usually apply mineral powder foundation on top of my BB cream for a clean finish. I noticed that I don’t break out as much with mineral make up. However, mineral foundation tend to accentuate lines and look cakey. Applying a thin layer lightly is key.
8. Neutral or Statement eyes? Neutral Eyes– Although I would love to try something edgy, I just don’t have the skill for it. Hmmm. I need to catch up on those make up tutorials on youtube. As for the neutral look, it’s quick and very low maintenance. Just the way I like it.
9. Pressed or Loose shadows? Pressed shadows- They’re very easy to control and apply. They’re also very handy to carry around so you won’t have to worry about your eye shadow making a mess in your hand bag.
10. Waterproof or Non Waterproof? Waterproof- Nobody likes their eye makeup running all over their face especially when tears or sweat get into your eyes. That’s why I try to skip this part as much as I can. But if I have to wear mascara, I borrow my sisters waterproof mascara.
11. Brushes, Sponges or Fingers? Brushes + Fingers– BB creams blend easily when you warm it up with your fingers so I do that. And then, I pat it on my skin and use my MAC 130SE Stippling brush to spread it evenly.
12. Powder, Cream or Liquid Highlighters? Powder Highlighter- I use the powder highlighter on the Shiseido Face Creator. I’ve never tried a cream or liquid highlighter.
Can’t-live-without skin care product?
Favorite Make Up Blusher?
Take-it-with-me-always beauty product?
So there you have it. Now you’re it! 🙂
I haven’t done a review on some of the products in this post so if you see something you’d like me to review, please share in the comments below.