De-cluttering one’s beauty stash proves to be a difficult feat when you have products you’re scrimping on because you’re financially and emotionally invested. You’ve spent a good deal of money and they’ve become personal favorites that you don’t wanna run out of them too fast.
So I didn’t use up a lot of products this November but I’ll highlight just a few of my favorites.
- KATE Mineral Loose Foundation in OC-C This is actually my sister’s but my skin plays around with OC-C and OC-B which I have. For a drugstore brand, KATE performs better than expected. This particular loose foundation is not heavy, sets easily and looks natural. The downside is I can’t find a local reseller.
- LUNASOL Scrubful Wash Don’t laugh. And that’s not a typo. It is what it is. Scrubful. I have been frugal in using this facial scrub/wash because I love it to bits. It was a gift from Yumiko for my birthday last year and sadly the day has come when I’ve used the last of its drop. It’s a facial wash with tiny beads that gives your skin a mild but thorough scrub. The beads are not abrasive but you can feel it as you massage it on your skin. And as you massage, the beads just dissolve into a rich foam. It just leaves your skin fresh, clean and bright. LUNASOL is one of Kanebo’s high end brands so this will set me back more than a few hundreds of pesos. I’m still undecided if I’m ready to fork out that much for a facial wash. LUNASOL is available in Rustan’s but I’m not sure if they carry this facial wash.
- Mommy Patch Lavender Rescue Stick I already mentioned that this became an instant favorite in my previous review so I won’t bore you with the details. This is also available in balm form which is bigger but they were our of stock.
- Vaseline Total Moisture Nourishing Lotion I was pleasantly surprised when I used this. It promises 24 hour moisture and it did. It was also very light and not sticky.
- Victoria’s Secret Pear Glace Hydrating Body Lotion My Mom received this as “pasalubong” or gift souvenir from the States. I remember when I was little, I would sneak into my Mom’s room and use some of her hand or body lotion. I still do that sometimes. I’ve used this a number of times and it has a mild fruity scent which I enjoyed. Regrettably, it wasn’t very hydrating or moisturizing.
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm And another one gone. Our stash of Burt’s Bees is quickly running out so I’m looking for a local alternative. I bought the Mommy Patch Cocoa Butter Lip Rescue and I’ll be doing a review on it soon.
- NIVEA Baby Extra Mild Shampoo I love baby products! I noticed that my scalp has become sensitive over the years and I’ll probably have to blame my constant hair coloring for that. Mainstream shampoos leave my scalp itchy and dry. We got this one from S&R and we actually bought this for my Dad who’s hair is thinning but I borrow this from time to time. It’s really mild, smells clean and it’s paraben-free.
Which beauty products did you say goodbye to this November? Share in the comments below.