It’s just finally hitting me that it’s officially December and Christmas is in full swing after having attended 4 Christmas parties already and receiving 6 Christmas presents so far. So now I’m thinking this post is super late already. Nevertheless, allow me to share my favorites last November and ramble a bit.
My skin has been misbehaving quite a lot last month that I only had 1 week of clear skin. For some reason my skin went schizo on me. I had days when I had dry patches on forehead and the sides of my cheeks close to my ears, other days I would be very oily and I broke out a party of tiny zits around forehead, left cheek and chin. Thankfully, my skin cleared out just in time for our yearly family Christmas photo shoot. So I kept my skin care routine really simple to avoid further skin mishaps and these 3 have been my favorite skin saviors in November.
- Exuviance Clarifying Facial Cleanser I’m gonna have to take back what I said about this being a so-so facial wash. Clearly, trying it out for 3 weeks wasn’t enough for me to fully appreciate it. Now that I’ve consumed more than half of it, I’ve grown quite an affinity that my washing routine seems incomplete without it. Now I’m a bit worried that I’ll have separation anxiety once this hits my empties post. Apart from calling it a so-so cleanser, I still stand by everything I wrote about in my review. It’s very gentle, but tough on removing oil, dirt and even makeup.
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion This was part of my September favorites if you guys remember. This has really helped hydrate my skin especially those dry patches.
- Stiefel’s DUAC Big pimples, tiny zits–they don’t stand a chance with Stiefel’s DUAC. I swear by this effective spot treatment and I have my dermatologist to thank for recommending this.
I dedicated a blog post on Alba Botanica Leave-in Conditioner so I won’t go into much detail. But I mentioned that I use it with Mommy Patch’s Moroccan Argan Oil. It proved to be an effective combination.
- Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo This is not the first time I’m posting about this clarifying shampoo. If you remember, this was part of my October Haul. I found out that hard water can cause terrible hair build up and since my hair could not take any more beating, I purchased the Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo to effectively wash off the mineral deposits hard water contain plus the residue of hair styling products I sometimes use. I use this once or twice a week and it has helped refresh my hair. I also read that people with oily hair need a good clarifying shampoo.
- Be ZenTreatment Lip Glossy This was a present from Japan last Christmas and I instantly loved it! But after my sister arrived in January with a loot of Burt’s Bees, this was left forgotten in my stash until a few months ago when our stash of Burt’s Bees started saying goodbye one by one.So I started using this again and now I remember why I fell in love with this lip gloss. This just does an excellent job of hydrating, moisturizing and softening your lips. It’s like a lip cote but it’s not sticky at all plus it’s long lasting. One day of using this is equal to 3 days of using Burt’s Bees. It’s that effective. And because it’s clear, you can wear it over your favorite matte lipstick shade to make it look glossy.
What products were you loving in November? Share in the comments below.